Transmission lines and RF systems mcq
Transmission lines and RF systems mcq for Anna University Regulation 2017 EC8651 mcq with answers TLRF mcq with answers
1. The parallel wire lines are not used for microwave transmission.
2. Coaxial line consists of inner and outer conductor space of dielectric.
3. Transmission line are of conveying Power from one point to another parallel wire and coaxial line.
4. Transmission line is a conductive method of guiding electrical energy from one place to another.
5. The parameters R L G and C are distributed through the transmission line.
6. The effective conductivity for polyethylene at 10 GHz can be determined form the given loss tangent.
7. Phase distortion voice is voltage wave the received waveform may not be identical with input waveform at sending end.
8. Frequency distortion is reduced in the transmission of high quality over wire lines by the use of Equalizer at the line.
9. Delay distortion is relatively less importance to voice and music transmission.
10. The attenuation factor alpha and the velocity of propagation we cannot be function of frequency.
11. Lumped loading instance of transmission line can be increased by introduction of loading coil at uniform intervals.
12. Continuous loading is a type of iron or some other magnetic material is found on the transmission line cable to increase the permeability of surrounding medium.
13. Patch loading section of continuous florets cable separated by section of unloader cable.
14. Campbell’s equation is the analysis of performance of line loaded at uniform interval can be obtained by cement reconstruction offline centre of one loading to centre of nest loading coil.
15. Reflection the load impedance is not equal to the characteristic impedance of transmission line reflection.
16. VSWR and minimum position for frequency modulated signal which leads to improper reading.
17. Standing wave indicator is used as output meter detection.
18. Two type of discussions are there frequency distortion and delay distortion.
19. Secondary constant of transmission line is propagation constant and characteristic impedance.
20. Primary constant of transmission line is resistant inductance capacitance and conductance RLCG.
Unit 2,3 Transmission Lines and RF System mcq
21. Distortionless line condition is R/L equal to G/C.
22. Frequency apply to transmission line will not travel uniformly is delay or phase distortion.
23. Infinite line load equal and two characteristic impedance appears to the sending end and infinite line.
24. Reflection factors indicate the change in current in the load due to reflection at junction.
25. A network is used to match the load impedance with source impedance is called matching network.
26. Stub matching sending end impedance and receiving end importance of a transmission line should be matched perfect.
27. Smith chart solution of this tab matching problem may be easily carried out using us sab matching.
28. The transformation utilized for formatting the smith chart is called as bilinear transformation.
29. A conducting metallic tube of uniform cross section is used for propagating electromagnetic.
30. Major change in the optical properties of semiconductor is done by introducing impurity atoms.
31. The process of adding impurities to semiconductor is called doping.
32. Rectangular waveguide is smaller in size than a circular waveguide of the same operating frequency.
33. Waveguide take the form of rectangular or circular cylinder because of its simple form in use less expensive to manufacture.
34. Wave impedance is defined as the ratio of electric field intensity to the magnetic field intensity.
35. The mode having lowest cutoff frequency is called the dominant mode of waveguide.
36. Eighth wave may be used to transfer any resistance to impedance within magnitude R of the line.
37. A half wavelength of line may then be consider one to another transformer.
38. A quarter wave transformer may be considered as impedance inverter in that can transform a low impedance into high impedance vice versa.
39. The position and location of stub in stub matching problem can be solved using smith chart.
40.When the Diffusion current flows and electric field is generated.
Unit 4 Transmission Lines and RF System mcq
41. The depletion layer increase until the repulsion of the space charges stock the further electron diffusion.
42. The low base resistance improves the signal-to-noise ratio by reducing the current density through the base emitter junction and reducing the random thermal motion.
43. Improvement in gain and frequency response is possible by reducing the base doping and base width.
44. Bipolar transistor is a current controlled device in which emitter has doping concentration and basic lowest.
45. The large amount of electron reach collector junction and collected by reverse voltage.
46. The diffusion current density in the base is the algebraic sum of forward collector current and reverse emitter current.
47. Field effect transistor is a voltage controlled device.
48. Gate is connected to the channel through the insulation layer.
49. The reverse biased PN junction isolates the gate from the channel.
50. The reverse biased PN junction is replaced by a Schottky contact as JFET.
EC8651 MCQ questions
51. The hetero structure of transition between layer of different semiconductor material GaAlAs to GaAs.
52. The electron from n type double reason move through the crystal lattice and remained close to the heterojunction.
53. A two-dimensional electron gas of very high mobility is formed in the GaAs layer for zero gate bias condition.
54. The Clapp oscillator is converter into a voltage controlled oscillator by replacing the frequency determining capacitance by varactor diode.
55. The capacitance of the varactor diode is varied by applying the reverse bias across the diode.
56. The power amplifier is electronic amplifier decrease to increase the power of given input signal.
57. The power of the input signal is increased to level high enough to drive the loads of output device like speaker or transmitter.
58. The general single shape amplifier with input and output matching network is S matrix.
59. Schottky contact the semiconductor metal contact having greater height and low doping concentration.
60. A mixer is used to multiply the signal of different frequency to achieve frequency translation.
61. Mixer at the receiver multiply RF signal with low oscillator frequency to get IF signal.
62. A low noise amplifier is an electronic amplifier which amplify very low power signal by reducing the noise.
63. The Gain, bandwidth, output power, input and output reflection coefficient and noise figure is the characteristic of power amplifier.
64. Transducer power gain of power amplifier is defined as the ratio of power delivered to the load to the available power at the source Gt.
65. Available power gain is defined as the ratio of power available from the amplifier to the power available from the source Ga.
66. Power gain is defined as the ratio of power delivered to the load to the power supply to the amplifier G.
67. The capacitance of the coaxial cable is not affected by high frequency current.
68. A high electron mobility transistor is a field effect transistor junction between two material with different band gap as a channel of doped region.
69. Reverse current gain is defined as the ratio of reverse emitter current to the rivers base current under constant base collector voltage.
70. Diffusion capacitance occurs due to stored charge of minority carrier near the depletion region.
BASICS OF RF
71. The potential across the PN junction at thermal equilibrium is called barrier potential or built in potential.
72. The junction capacitance is the change in charge stored in the depletion region with respect to change in junction voltage.
73. Forward current gain is defined as the ratio of forward collector current to the forward base current under constant collector emitter voltage.
74. Impedance matching to minimize a reflection is achieved by making the load impedance equal to source impedance.
75. The transmission line the voltage and current at the point distance X from the receiving end of the transmission line is V.
REMAINING MCQ WE WILL UPDATE SOON…. for Transmission lines and RF systems mcq | EC8651 MCQ Questions | tlrf mcq
Tips for TLRF Transmission lines and RF systems mcq
All the above mcq questions with answers are very important anna university online examination if you are preparing for gate or tancet exam all the above given questions are very important because of all the analtical paper based questions. This types of questions are frequently asking in the competitive exams as well as the gate exam, its some what tough to solve, if you know the formala mean this is one of the easiest problems in the examinations. Please go through all the tlrf formulas for Transmission lines and RF systems mcq examinations, Tlrf is contains the polar graph, you need solve some basic problems in the tlrf That like SIMTH Chart is major role playing in the anna university offline examination If you need to pass in tlrf you need to strong on the smith chart. its very simple and very confusable drawing methods.
How to pass on TLRF
In previous exams most of the students are attending is paper that is the regulation 2013 students. but they are not clear this paper. After the dsp paper is one of the hard paper to clear. First you need to know the syllabus and topics then you will start your preparation. in the last exams students are bigoting the probematics sums and number. In the online university exams they given the same problem and the different number so that why most of the students are not clear this paper. The smith charts and graphs are major role playing in this paper. If you interested to derive the derivation, all the 5 units contains derivation but some what tough to remember.
all the derivations are the very long steps and some many substitute process.
So you may study the graphs and calculation it will help you to clear this paper.